Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What I Read in 2011

Because I write reviews as part of Thomas Nelson Publishing's Booksneeze program, I have posted reviews of most of the books I have read this year. Click the link to see the review.  I don't get all my books through Booksneeze, so I didn't write a review of every book I read.

I listed these books roughly in order, starting with my favorite, but I liked each one. The top 3 are pretty much interchangeable in terms of preference. Also, I reviewed two bibles and several children's books, which I didn't rank. 

My Favorite Books I Read in 2011:
(this one has a comment from the author!)
Paper Angels
(So does this one!)

Fahrenheit 451  (I read several times as a kid, but re-read it this year)
The Book of Man
(this review got picked up by Burnside and generated some conversation)

Erasing Hell
Slave

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Too bad this one was Rated R; there's a great story in there if you get past the unnecessary titillating stuff)

Kids:

Bibles:

The year isn't quite over yet, and I am currently reading
Raising a Modern-Day Knight
Twelve Mighty Orphans
5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Son
Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy


No comments: