Book Review: No Place Like Holmes

No Place Like Holmes, by Jason Lethcoe, is a book aimed at readers outside of my demographic. Thankfully, I have a 9-year-old son who is an avid reader and who fits perfectly. He read the book before I did, and he liked it so much he read all 200 pages in one day.

The story revolves around Griffin, a boy genius who is often misunderstood and who is often misunderstood and picked on by kids and adults alike. He goes to visit his uncle, a private detective who lives next door to Sherlock Holmes. the uncle is barely scraping by, even as his neighbor's business thrives. Not surprisingly, as the story moves forward, there is a mystery to be solved, and not surprisingly, Griffin plays a part. This being a Thomas Nelson publication, there is a spiritual component of the story which separates it from most other mystery series such as Sherlock Holmes, Encyclopedia Brown, or Boxcar Children.

My son liked it.. I liked it. I recommend it for those readers who fall within the demographic. The publisher gave me a copy for review purposes, but they didn't tell me to recommend it. They're cool like that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Bethke Gets it Wrong

It's all about the (R)

Book Review: Wild Grace, by Max Lucado and James Lund