I can't define "irony", but I find the following actual true facts to be full of it:
1. Barry Manilow didn't write "I Write the Songs."
2. Westboro Baptist Church is neither Baptist nor a church.
3. Prince Fielder is a great hitter but not a good fielder.
4. Jimmy Fixx helped get the whole nation interested in running for health reasons, but then he died while running, at the too-young age of 52.
5. The song playing in the restaurant on the Italian cruise ship at the moment it hit the rocks? "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. AKA the theme from "Titanic".
6. The phobia of longs words has a name: Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia
7. Cy Young was a great pitcher, but he never was quite good enough to win a Cy Young award.